Friday, January 27, 2012

do mi sol ti

Incredible as it seems I am once again preparing for my concours de chant at the (take a big deep breath...) Le Conservatoire Nationale Superieur de Musique et Danse de Paris (cnsmdp for 'short' and you'll notice if you go onto their website that they use almost exclusively the initials, the entire title being far too cumbersome to actually type 867 times).

This means that I am in a trance of listening to 20th century French art songs (Les Six if you want to get academic with me), singing 7th chords to death (Thank you Ricci Adams at musictheory.net) and of course hanging out with my very best friend…

MODUS NOVUS, for those of you who haven’t had the opportunity to study this magnum opus…it is a study on how to site-read atonale melody. In laymen terms: a torture device that devotes 8 pages to tritones: or the devils interval. Goody.

You are all allowed to hope and pray and send good ju-ju on the 15th of February when at 10am I will be site-reading in front of a reading-glassed jury members and just praying that I won’t crap my pants with fear.

do mi sol ti

mi sol ti do

sol ti do mi

ti do mis sol

Oh help.

No comments:

Post a Comment